E911 Map- $1

Plat Book- $30

Additional mailing fees will apply if mailing is requested. Payment must be received before the item will be mailed.

Notary Services:


Beer/Liquor License:

If you own a business in an unicorporated area of Des Moines County and wish to sell or serve beer or liquor you must have a beer/liquor license. For further information please visit the Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division.

Cigarette Permit:

If you own a business in an unicorporated area of Des Moines County and wish to sell cigarettes you must have a cigarette permit. For further information please visit the State of Iowa.

Firework Permit:

Groups that wish to display fireworks in the unincorporated areas of Des Moines County must obtain approval from the board of supervisors.

Applications may be made only by:

1. Municipalities
2. Fair Associations
3. Amusement Parks
4. Organizations
5. Groups of Individuals

Applicants MUST obtain pre-approval of the display from the Fire Chief having jurisdiction at the site of the display location.

Upon approval by the appropriate Fire Chief, an applicant shall obtain the signature of the Fire Chief on the application. Applicants may then submit the completed application and fee to the Des Moines County Auditor.

Applications shall include:

1. The names, addresses, and phone numbers for the applicant, sponsor, and operator of the display;
2. The date, time, and location of the display, including any rain date(s);
3. The qualifications of the operator of the display;
4. Detailed fire prevention measures;
5. Signature from the respective Fire Chief or Designee approving the display (see listing below);
6. The Applicant’s signature acknowledging an understanding of the proper handling of fireworks and providing a hold harmless/indemnification provision; and
7. An itemized description of the display, including the type of fireworks that will be used.

It is recommended that applications and fee be submitted to the County Auditor at least 14 days in advance of the proposed display date.

The application will then be scheduled for consideration on the next available meeting date for the Des Moines County Board of Supervisors. Applicants will be notified of the Board’s decision.

Fireworks may only be discharged between sunrise and 11 p.m. CST.

Application for Public Fireworks Display Permit


One-day event: $20
Multi-day events: $50

Make checks Payable to the Des Moines County Auditor.

 Fire Department
 Fire Chief
 Phone Number
Burlington- Concordia, Union, Flint River, and Tama Twp
Mark Crooks
Danville-Danville and Pleasant Grove Twp
Bryon Heater
Mediapolis-Benton, Franklin, Huron, Jackson, and Yellow Spring Twps
Andy Kerr
Email Andy Kerr
Washington Twp
John Crouch
Email John Crouch
West Burlington
Shaun Ryan
Emal Shaun Ryan