Correctional Officers work 6 days on and 3 days off. Salary for Correctional Officers starts at $38,706.18 and top salary is $43,261.74. Correctional Officers are offered benefits including Health/Dental Insurance, Vacation, Personal and Sick Days. Correctional Officers come into contact daily with inmates in the facility. Correctional Officers are a very important function to the facility and public safety to the community.
Minimum Qualifications are:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Be able to pass a background investigation, drug screening, and medical exam.
- Willing to work weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Must be able to communicate with highly upset and violent offenders.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, self motivator.
- Must be able to be certified in First Aid/CPR, Jailer Training Course.
- Knowledge of computers helpful but not required.
Applications may also be obtained at the Des Moines County Correctional Center, 3630 Bauer Drive, Burlington, Iowa 52601.
Des Moines County is an EEO.
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Department: Sheriff & Jail
- Salary Range: $38,706-$43,262
- Posted: 11/22/22
- Expires: Posted until filled.
All Job Listings