Correctional Officers current rate of pay starts at $12.88 per hour and top pay is $18.67 per hour. Correctional Officers come into contact daily with inmates in the facility. Correctional Officers are a very important function to the facility, and public safety of the community.
Minimum Qualifications are:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Be able to pass a background investigation, drug screening, and medical exam.
- Willing to work weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Must be able to communicate with highly upset and violent offenders.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, self motivator.
- Must be able to be certified in First Aid/CPR, Jailer Training Course.
- Part Time Correctional Officers assist the full time Correctional Officers in the operation of the facility. Part Time Correctional Officers fill in for vacation, sick or other times where added officers are needed.
Applications may also be obtained at the Des Moines County Correctional Center, 3630 Bauer Drive, Burlington, Iowa 52601.
Des Moines County is an EEO.
- Job Type: Part-Time
- Department: Sheriff & Jail
- Salary Range: $12.88-$18.67 per hour
- Posted: 11/22/22
- Expires: Posted until filled.
All Job Listings