Click HERE to Book Your COVID-19 Vaccination Today!
Des Moines County Public Health is accepting COVID-19 vaccination appointments on-line through the No Wait Inside link, anyone who does not have internet access can leave name, date of birth and telephone number on the Des Moines County Public Health COVID vaccine scheduling line at 319-208-5668 to receive a call back to schedule an appointment.
Appointments are available for anyone receiving first and second dose COVID vaccine. (Pfizer, Moderna and one dose Johnson and Johnson’ Janssen)
The third dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine for moderately to severely immunocompromised people.
Boost doses are available by appointment for anyone, who originally received the two-dose (primary) series of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine meeting the following criteria:
● People 65 years and older and residents in long-term care settings should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series.
● People aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions should receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series.
● People aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions may receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series, based on their individual benefits and risks.
● People aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting may receive a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after their Pfizer-BioNTech primary series, based on their individual benefits and risks.
Southeastern Community College Fairgrounds
Des Moines County Public Health
Statement of Purpose
The agency specifies its overall purposes as:
- The promotion and maintenance of health.
- The prevention of disease and disability.
- Comprehensive care of the sick and disabled in the home.
- Collaboration and coordination with other groups in developing and implementing community health programs.
- Contribution to knowledge which would effect improvements in community health practice.
- The promotion and maintenance of a healthy environment.
The mission of Des Moines County Public Health is to improve, protect and promote the health, the environment and well being of residents of Des Moines County.
Flu vaccines are being given during regular immunization clinics Tuesday and Thursday 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM at 522 N Third Street, Burlington, Iowa. The cost is $35. Medicare Part B, Humana, United Healthcare, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicaid MCOs for children and other major insurances will be accepted. Please bring insurance cards with you.
These clinics are public and flu shots are offered to anyone 6 months or older.
For more information, call (319) 753-8290
How to contact the Des Moines County Public Health Department - Multilingual AssistanceLink to page
Des Moines County Public Health Department Non-Discrimination PolicyLink to page
Board of Health ProgramsLink to page
Environmental Health ProgramsLink to page
Flu Information and ResourcesLink to page
Individuals to ContactLink to page
Information for Lead ProfessionalsLink to page
Nursing ProgramsLink to page
Recipe of the Month
2019 Calendar Steps to Living HealthyLink to page
Iowa Department Public Health COVID-19 PageLink to page
First Case of COVID-19 in Des Moines CountyLink to page
Vaccination FormsLink to page