Des Moines County Public Health provides home health care to assist persons to remain in their own homes in a safe and healthy environment.
The following services are provided in the comfort and security of a person’s own home.
- Skilled nursing
- Home health aides
- Therapy services
- Physical, occupation, and speech (services must be on an intermittent basis)
Referrals may be made by family, physician, neighbors, hospital social worker, or the client themselves.
- A nurse will visit with a potential client to determine what is needed.
- A nurse will contact the physician to obtain a plan of treatment that directs the care in the home.
- A nurse and aide will visit the home at prescribed intervals and perform the care directed by the physician.
Payment may be available through:
- Medicare (client must be homebound)
- Private insurance
- Private pay
- Sliding fee schedule
- State grant